Non-Toy Gift Guide: The Best Personalized Gifts for Babies & Kids
Looking for the best personalized gifts for your kids? Our Gift Guides have been viewed by millions, and have helped countless parents find the perfect present.
Welcome! We’re thrilled you’ve found our Unrivaled Guide to Non‐Toy Gifts For Kids Of All Ages. Not to toot our own horn or anything, but when it comes to presents that aren’t toys, this is the biggest, most extensive and foolproof gift guide on the Internet (toot toot).
In this section of our Non‐Toy Gift Guide we’re bringing you unique ideas for personalized gifts for your kids – from babies, to toddlers, to tweens and beyond.
You can monogram just about anything these days, but the items we’ve selected are not only customizable, but useful and meaningful as well. These are gifts that will be kept as mementos and keepsakes long after your child has outgrown them – and perhaps even passed down to future generations.
Before we jump right in, if you’d like to be alerted to any sales or special offers we receive on any of these items, make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. You’ll also get first dibs when we update or launch new guides (and we’re always working on more!).
Please note: this post contains affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for full details.
Remember to Bookmark, Print and Pin this list so it’s always handy when a gift‐giving occasion arises!
Best personalized gifts for kids
Patchwork Memory Bear: Send a few special pieces of your child’s outgrown clothing or baby blankets to The Patchwork Bear, and they’ll turn them in to a one-of-a-kind custom stuffed animal. All those itty-bitty baby clothes that your child once wore can be transformed into a beautiful keepsake that they can treasure for the rest of their life. Choose between a bear, bunny or puppy. Keep in mind that these are handmade and take 3-4 weeks to create, so order early. If you don’t have time on your side, they also have a Patchwork Kit that can be given as the gift which includes a box so that the child can choose the clothes they want to send themselves.
We also love their ABC Board Book where your child can learn the alphabet by seeing photos of familiar people, places and things.
For a first-puzzle, these wooden name puzzles from Busy Puzzle are fantastic. We love that they come with easy-to-hold pegs so they’re easy to place in and out, and they’re a great way for kids to learn the letters in their name. They’re also so pretty to display in their room.
For toddlers and beyond, you can’t beat the selection from TinyMe, particularly the reversible designs (like getting 2 for 1!) where you can customize the colors and the difficulty of the puzzle – from beginner (6 large pieces) to advanced (48 pieces). They also include a personalized storage box, have sturdy thick pieces and are made with non-toxic materials.
They come in a rainbow of colors, patterns, and materials, so you can customize it to your child’s preferences – plus, of course, add their name. This is a wonderful gift for babies (who will grow into them), toddlers, and grade‐schoolers. For an older child, try one of the equally awesome Anywhere Bean Bags.
We highly recommend “My Very Own Name” and “The Little Boy Who Lost His Name”, (also available in a Girl version) which spell out your child’s name with beautiful illustration and rhyme. Another fun one is “Where Are You…?”which is a customized Where’s Waldo type book that will get your child searching for hours!
Grace Personalized also offers handwriting jewelry where your actual handwriting can be engraved or sculpted into the piece. We love the idea of giving them a piece of you to carry with them wherever they might go…like off to college!!
This collection comes in a variety of sizes and can be personalized with your child’s name with a variety of colors and fonts from which to choose.
personalized stocking stuffers
These personalized gifts may be smaller in size, but will still pack a meaningful punch. Pop them in your child’s stocking to wow them right from the start.
(2) Apron and Mitt Set: For your budding chef, these apron and mitt sets are just the right size, and come in a variety of whimsical prints. The apron has a leather plate that can be embossed with their name.
(3) Bag Tags: Got a vacation coming up? Customize your child’s very own bag tag with these adorable designs from TinyMe.
(5) Name Crayons: Let your kids self-expression soar with these beautiful custom crayon art pieces from Art 2 The Extreme.
(6) Stationery: In today’s age of computers and tablets, it’s refreshing to encourage your child to put pen to paper with their very own personalized stationery. Minted has the best selection, with designs that will suit kids from elementary school to college. Make sure you get them some of their Thank You notes too – they’re perfect for them to use to thank YOU for their gift.
(8) Name Train: These custom train cars from Maple Landmark make for great room décor, and fun toys too! They are compatible with all brand-name wooden tracks and trains.
(9) Name Stamp: These fun, self-inking stamps are perfect for creating their own stationary and can be customized with their name in different fonts + colors and graphics.
- Non-Toy Gifts To Spark Creativity, Imagination & Special Interests
- Non-Toy Gifts That Are Practical (But Far From Boring)
- Non-Toy Gifts For Making Memories
- Non-Toy Gifts To Receive In The Mailbox
- The Best Board Games For Kids & Families (That Aren’t Candy Land or Monopoly)
- The Best Arts & Crafts Supplies & Gift Ideas for Kids – From Toddlers to Teens
And don’t miss out on downloading our awesome coupon book (from our Making Memories guide) – these are always a kid favorite!
- The Best Vehicle Toys For Car, Truck and Construction Junkies
- The Best Building Toys For Kids (From Blocks To Robots)
- The Best Gross Motor Indoor Toys For Active Kids (To Get That Energy Out!)
- The Very Best Babies, Dolls & Doll Accessories For All Ages & Stages
- The Best Doll Houses & Accessories For Your Doll-Obsessed Girl (or Boy!)
- The Best Princess-Themed Gifts For Your Little Princess
- The Best Gift Ideas For Super Hero & Star Wars Lovers
- 200+ Unique Stocking Stuffers For Babies To Teens (That Aren’t Junk!)
- Dedicated Gift Guide: The Best Fun Toys You’ll Actually Want Your Kids To Play With
And we’re always working on more guides (coming soon: The Best STEAM Gifts)
For notification when we release each new guide, make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. We’ll also hook you up with exclusive deals, and freebies like our popular report: 10 Screen-Free Toys For Guaranteed Quiet Time That Will Let You Relax, Recharge or Put The Laundry Away
Become an exclusive subscriber
Join over 300,000 subscribers & social media followers and gain access to exclusive content, freebies, discounts and more!